Things are looking up: the shortest day of the year is behind us, and we officially have just three days until Christmas. A whirlwind month full of late-night work, festive happy hours and feverish shopping trips has culminated in a long-awaited vacation full of snow-capped mountains, delicious snacks and lots of pajama-clad lounging. All of my presents have been shipped to my mom’s house in Texas, waiting to be unboxed, rewrapped and opened by my family come Christmas morning. But just in case you are still in need of a few last-minute gifts for friends, coworkers or family members’ stockings, I’m here for you.
This is as simple and fast as a DIY can get, and the finished product is a gift you can be proud to give. So go ahead, order that palo santo on Amazon Prime and get to bow tying. Christmas is just three days away!
P.S. Even if you don’t get to these in time for the holiday, they’re great to have on hand as sweet little hostess gifts you can bring with you on short notice.
For this project, you’ll need the following:
• palo santo
• velvet ribbon
• pine sprigs
1. Cut a 12″ length of your ribbon.
2. Atop the length of ribbon, lay three pieces of palo santo.
3. Add a pretty feather and a sprig of fresh pine.
4. Tie the ribbon in a double knot so it’s nice and secure.
5. Trim the ends of the ribbon so they’re about two inches long, and finish them off with a decorative edge. That’s all!
If you’re feeling extra generous, you can add a pretty package of matches to the bag before you gift this palo santo bundle to a friendly neighbor or well-deserving postal worker. Happy holidays!